hopeless

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  POD Staff 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

This may be deemed inappropriate to write but I had another attempt at suicide. I’m sick of the false liability issues that lead to hospital stays that do nothing but cause more suffering so believe me this is not to set off alarm. Besides, I’ve found no solid help. No one has really known what to do with me, “experts” have been the worst. The abuse in my life has been too extensive to be addressed with any real success. Nothing I’ve done changes the effects of what has been done to me. I’ve searched online for help so many times. Blocked by sites like malesurvivor because my story is too extreme to be believed. Got accused of being a fake, a pervert posing as a victim, etc. I’ve been rejected and ostracized by churches. Sexually assaulted in VA hospital. Been in more psych wards than I can remember. All to find that there is no hope for me. I keep trying but I know I will not last forever. My story isn’t anything people want to hear. Like many people who have found this site, its just to hard for people at large to understand. I’ve found it hard for “peers” to understand on top of that. I’m sorry if I’ve upset anyone, it is not my intent… I don’t know what my intent was in posting something. My support is so thin.

POD Staff

HI, we’re so sorry to hear what you have been through and appreciate you reaching out. A hotline you can call right now is 1-800-273-8255 and press #1. Other hotlines can be found here: http://www.protectourdefenders.com/crisis-hotlines/

If you’d like to share your story, you can email us any time at info@protectourdefenders.com.

Anonymous

The hotlines are not much help. If you start saying too much their priority only turns to getting “help” which only means to get incarcerated in a psych ward. Everything is ran by liability, “professionals” in psych wards don’t care. The psych wards have held no benefit for me. I’ve been abused in psych wards. There isn’t any “real” help for someone like me. No groups, no therapies, no inpatient program, no magic pill, no MST/abuse experts, etc., I’ve done it all over and over. The end result is that I have had to maintain everything virtually alone. My friends can only do so much, my docs can only do so much. I don’t have a secondary issues to be addressed, no substance abuse, no addictions, no vices… the things that most every therapist is primarily trained to deal with, peripherals.

I’m tired of fighting alone.

POD Staff

A support group for male survivors that may be of interest to you and others is Men Recovering from Military Sexual Trauma on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mrmstorg.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.