Protect Our Defenders (POD) is the national organization dedicated to ending the epidemic of sexual assault and racial disparity in the military, and to combating a culture of pervasive sexual harassment and retribution against victims.
Our work includes:
- Educating the public about the scope of the crisis, its impact on the military and civilian society, and the need for reform
- Researching and exposing dysfunction in the military’s training and criminal justice systems, and in the Veterans Administration (VA) system, related to sexual assault and harassment
- Advocating for the enforcement and respect of victims’ rights and for a safe environment for women, LGBTQ, and people of color serving in our military
- Amplifying survivors’ voices within the policy debate
- Helping survivors access support services, including providing pro bono legal assistance
- Advocating for policy reforms that will ensure all survivors have access to a fair and impartially administered system of justice outside the chain of command
Founded in 2011, POD has operated as a small, but highly effective team. POD has achieved major policy reforms that have significantly improved the experience of victims navigating an often hostile justice system, and have led to greater accountability across the military.
Protect Our Defenders is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and consider all applications without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or physical ability. We are firmly committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws.
Come join our team!
Employment & Internships
Casework & Policy Internship, Summer 2023 – Accepting applications until April 14, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please click here.